Monday, November 9, 2009

Blessed and Highly Favored

I picked up a book at Ross about a month ago because it looked interesting and was a great price. GOD'S TROPHY WOMEN by Jacqueline Jakes, T.D. Jakes' older sister, is certainly interesting and a great value! She relates the story of Mary, the mother of Jesus, who was proclaimed to be blessed and highly favored by God and then had to endure pregnancy at a young age, marry an older man who doubted her word amid a society that was intolerant of sexual impurity! She then heard the accusations against that son and endured His crucifixion, all the while being considered "blessed and highly favored" by God! This book is forcing me to think long and hard about my willingness to be fashioned into a "trophy woman" for God through the circumstances, trials and relationships that He has used and is using to achieve His plan for me. I trust Him to continue to do what needs to be done in me as I follow His leading through the windows and doors of my future. He has used everything in my past to help lead me to this season of my life. He has protected me, healed me, chastised me, enabled me, encouraged me, forgiven me and loved me while maturing me into a woman whose foremost passion is to glorify Him in my life! That is the measure of a "trophy woman" of God and I am stepping forward, on His red carpet, to receive my place in His Kingdom script! It is truly a wild ride and a calm walk - it's my life and it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment