Saturday, November 7, 2009

Significant to Our Father

"Dear God, I want to be prophesied over!" "I've never had a prophetic word spoken over me and I want one." "I'm over here, Prophet! Please don't overlook me again, God, because I need to hear from you!"

Sound familiar? Perhaps you've had some similar thoughts at services where prophetic words are spoken. I know I have, more than once. We are all looking for validation and recognition. We don't want to be seen as insignificant in our world. All of us have had times when other people have made us feel insignificant, when even our credentials, if we have any, don't seem to help. Other times we may feel insignificant because we don't think we've done anything important. We think just a little recognition from God through one of His prophets, especially in front of others so they'll hear how special we are, will solve our problems. WRONG!

Problems occur when we allow our significance to be determined by what we've done or by what others think of us. No matter what we've done there will always be people who don't value us. But the God who made us, knows us, and loves us deeply and completely! We fare much better when we derive our sense of worth from Him because that is how we were originally designed to function. Father God is always ready to accept us, regardless of our emotional state of failure. We have to pour our hearts out to Him. He is always ready to listen, dry our tears and encourage us with His love. He won't ever make us feel insignificant or without value for it is He that formed us in our mother's womb. We are fearfully and wonderfully made in His image! That is a great starting point to experience the unconditional, fulfilling and significant love of our extraordinary God!

No comments:

Post a Comment