Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ark Faith

What is faith? Sure, I know the biblical definition that "faith is being sure of the things we hope for and knowing that something is real even if we don't see it" but, what is faith? I've been told that it is like sitting in a chair and believing the chair will hold me up, but is that really what faith is? I believe faith is bigger than a chair that holds me up. Noah built the ark under the directive of God when there had never been rain on the earth. He faced ridicule and rejection and yet, kept building until the ark was complete and the animals inside. Funny thing was, the rain didn't start immediately once they were all in. Did Noah or his family question his God during that wait? Probably some did. I'm sure those on the outside were laughing and mocking for a time. But then, the rain started and didn't stop and the laughing and mocking became cries and pleas for entrance to the ark. Noah and his family were saved because he knew God's word concerning the coming event was true even though he had never seen rain before. Faith.

The entire eleventh chapter of Hebrews is a recounting of many men and women of the Bible who chose to operate on a faith account rather than a visual one. Hebrews 12:1 states that we have been surrounded by a great cloud of people whose lives tell us what faith means! It is not trusting a chair to hold you up! It is heavy-duty, all encompassing trust that Abba Father is bigger than circumstances, bigger than reports, bigger than enemies, bigger than death and bigger than knowledge.

As I walk through my current circumstances, I'm having to walk in faith. Have I had doubts and fears to deal with? Sure, I have. I am choosing to walk into the unknown with the All-Knowing One. Would it be easier to do it my way and get a quick "fix" to my circumstances. Probably would be, but then I would miss out on the wonderful reward of knowing I have trusted God to do what He has said He will do. I can't please Him if I walk only in what I can see - I have to have faith! Sixty is not the age, in the natural realm, to be "starting over", but it is the age in the spirtual realm that I believe will produce the greatest life I have ever had - by faith! Many of my family and friends are having rough times in the current economic climate and are being faced with an uncertain future. What's going to happen and when are big questions in many hearts. We have to settle who and what we are going to believe. Are we going to believe there are "giants in the land' or are we going to believe that Abba Father has led or allowed us to reach this place in our lives so He can prove Himself mighty on our behalf and bring good for us out of the circumstances? What's it going to be? Faith or fear? Life or death? I encourage us all to choose faith and in choosing faith we will experience abundant life in God's favor and blessing! I love you! Be blessed today.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Faye! God is Awesome and in the midst of all circumstances it might look like everything around us is not "blessed" or what people call "blessed", but the truth is we are BLESSED!

    I love the Lord because sometimes you never know what He is going to show us or lead us to. But always know that whichever way He does take us it is for His glory and His good! I am excited to be with Him and in His steps 100% of the way. In the natural it might look stupid, ridiculous, "how could you step on a limb like this", etc... But when you know the will of the Lord, it is pure contentment and joy! Nothing, I mean NOTHING compares when you are in the will of God.....because you know why? He led us this way! Yeah!!!!

    I know some may look and judge, but they don't know the sweet words and whispers our Abba Father has been speaking in the secret place. And because of these personal words spoken in our hearts can we beam with FAITH and every good thing that flows from the Spirit of God within us! And I encourage EVERYONE to hear for themselves the personal words of the Lord and not follow fads, movements, others "word of the Lord", but only what the Lord's will is for your unique and individual life.....this my sweet sister is the best way to live!! And I know you know this oh so well!!

    Ok, I can sense a post over here.....I guess I must stop....ha ha ha :)

    Love you Faye!! I admire you! You are a great woman after God's heart and God is showing you wonderful truths that will be spoken through your mouths to encourage many lives!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! Amen! You have much wisdom for such a young thing! How are ya'll doing with the new business? Been praying - love you, mighty woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Faye,

    It's been quite a ride. ha ha ha

    It is definitely a walk by faith. there are plenty of times when we feel Donnie needs to get a job but then when he goes out, he feels like he is stopped in his track from going forward in that direction. Then we come together and pray and realize the Lord wants us to trust him in this and know he will meet our needs. I have so much peace knowing that this is what God wants us to do. It is great!

    Yeah, I have my moments. It has been so amazing how the Lord will provide in so many ways especially the little things my children request. Let me share really quick how He did this.

    Last week my daughter had prayed for take out pizza (yeah, it is luxury for us over here since we have to order so many....ha ha ha). I hadn't known this until the day we get a call from Dominoes asking if we had ordered pizza. Donnie goes around and asks everyone then I hear my daughter say "Yes! God answered my prayer! He is brining us pizza". Well come to find out......it was a prank call that was made from our phone from the neighbor boy. :( So no pizza!

    My daughter said "I really thought God was going to bring it" I say "Well maybe he will" but I am thinking this whole time "Lord, I don't know how I am going to get pizza for this little girl". And left it at that.

    The next day my mother in law shows up unannounced with a cake, and presents for the baby's birthday. Donnie and the kids were out during this time and my mother in law and I chatted for a couple hours and then the question comes from my mother in law "Does Papa JOhns deliver over here" I replied "yeah, why?" She says "go ahead and order 4 large pizzas!" I never once told her our daughter had been praying for the pizza. I was like "lord, you are amazing!!"

    I then called Donnie and the kids on the phone and told them that there were 4 Papa John's pizza waiting for them when they got home. Tsavah (the one who prayed) said...."Mommy, that is a miracle, isn't it?" I said "Yeah, I think so!"

    Had to share this little story. These are just a few of the ways God has been here for us. There have been bigger ways also. It has truly been an amazing experience to see how the hand of the Lord is working. Most of the time we haven't said anything to anyone. We have determined in our hearts that we are not going to walk around complaining about stuggles but rejoicing on His blessings and His will in our lives!!

    Bless you and love you,

    Chris

    ReplyDelete