Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Tell Them I Love Them"

For years, every time I have been asked to speak somewhere and asked Father what He wanted me to share, the answer has been, "Tell them I love them." I started to argue with Him after awhile because I wanted to share some of my own "insights" into the Word and not concentrate on His love. How arrogant can one person be? I have since learned and am continuing to learn that His love is the most important thing I can share with others and that it is the least thing we normally experience in our journey with Him. He loves you and He loves me with a love that is so much greater, broader and more compelling than anything we can experience in our earthly relationships! His love is completely unconditional and totally delightful! In fact, He delights in us and rejoices over us with singing. It is not about what we do or say or how many times we pray, but it's about us being His children, His sons and daughters. Zephaniah 3:17 states: "The Lord your God is with you...He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." That's the image of a loving father taking care of his children and enjoying them for who they are. As a parent and grandparent, I believe I have been given a glimpse into that type of love in regards to my offspring. I have always taken great delight in my little ones as they have maneuvered through life. I've beamed with pride at each new accomplishment, dried their tears and freely given my love. Sometimes, I just love watching them when they sleep or play because they are so precious to me - they're my kids and grandkids! I love them as unconditionally as humanly possible. A glimpse, but enough of one to give me an ability to trust Father God as my Daddy as I maneuver through life. In loving us as He does, He isn't into our performance for Him but He is into our relationship with Him. Father God isn't keeping score on what we do for Him because He wants nothing more than to cultivate a relationship with us. In fact, our score cards were completly filled by Jesus Christ and Father wants us to turn them in at His redemption center so we will start living our lives knowing we are fully loved by Him. Coming to that place of assurance, we will be able to trust Him for a relationship that supercedes our fears, our guilt and our lack for the sufficiency that is "Christ in us the Hope of Glory". My New Years' resolution this year is to bask in His love for me and to develop a deeper relationship with Him. I'm looking forward to telling others of His love and being able to share His love in every arena of my life. Abba Father is an extraordinary Daddy who delights in us, loves holding us in His arms and providing for our needs. He longs for time with us! Let Him be Daddy Father to you this New Year and, I promise, your life will never be the same! God's blessings on each of you in 2010 - you are loved!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Faye!

    I loved seeing your beautiful face the other day. And thanks so much for being so open with your life and journey the Lord is taking you on. The Love of the Father radiates right through you. Your love and compassion is contagious. :)

    I can totally relate to what you have said. I don't know if I've told you but for years I have walked with feeling like if I messed up in my walk with the Lord He would not be happy and all bad things would happen in my life. I mean, I knew God "loved" me but there were consequences...this is what I thought. I have to pay for my foolish things I do in life and God wouldn't fellowship with me until I was cleaned up.

    I am now free of this bondage of "not feeling good enough". I feel so free in my relationship with the Lord because I have now truly encountered the unconditional love of my Father and my Lord Jesus Christ. This makes me want to pursue Him and spend time with Him in so many ways. Whereas before I didn't want to read my bible, pray, or what have you...But now it's a pleasure and I can't find enough time with Him.

    Like the scriptures says in

    ROMANS 2:4 Do you despise the riches of his Goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, NOT KNOWING THAT THE GOODNESS OF GOD LEADS YOU TO REPENTANCE?

    Knowing the goodness of God is what leads those to a true relationship with the Father. Knowing his unconditional love.

    Thank you again for your love and for sharing the Love of God!! Tell it from the roof tops!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, bless you again for blessing me! I love your comments & always look forward to reading them. You are so right-on - when we start basking in His unconditional love for us, that is overflowing with His goodness, then and only then will we be able to start living in a relational experience with our Abba! Oh, how I want to see others come to know Him intimately and to be set free as we are being set free to enjoy being his children. I still have so much to learn about being His child ( even for my ADVANCED age!), but I know He is working to prepare me to spread the message of His love and that I will have the time I need to do the work He has prepared for me. You will, too, so continue to rest in His purpose, place and timing in your life. You are a mighty young woman of faith and I know Father takes much delight in you! I am praying for your new business to be favored and financed. I love you, dear sister! The roof top shouting has begun!

    ReplyDelete